Media Relations and Content Assistant
We’re looking for a media relations star to join the Durrell Communications team as a Media Relations and Content Assistant. This entry level role will assist the media relations team in developing and executing media relations strategies for a number of high-profile clients. Our newest team member will be responsible for proactively seeking out media opportunities for clients, managing and maintaining our database of media contacts and resources, researching speaking opportunities for clients, drafting media products such as news releases, backgrounders, media advisories, speakers pages, materials for media/influencer kits, as well as, compiling and analyzing monthly metrics of media coverage for clients.
Our next Media Relations and Content Assistant is:
- A strategic and creative thinker.You’re an exceptional writer, and you aspire to be a media relations superstar. You’re excited to support a team of experienced PR professionals who can show you the industry ropes.
- Someone with killer attention to detail.You can copy edit like a champ and typos make you shiver.
- Outgoing and personable.You’re not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call a media outlet. In fact, you view it as an opportunity to build your budding network.
- A time management guru.People always marvel at your organizational skills and you thrive on multitasking in a fast-paced working environment.
Our next Media Relations and Content Assistant will have:
- A university degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing (or another related field)
- 1-2 years experience in a media relations role
- Experience in a customer service industry and fast-paced working environment
- Time management and organizational skills
- A passion for writing!
If you’re interested in joining us at Durrell Communications in this role, please submit your resume (along with references), an original cover letter, and writing sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 27th at 5:00pm.
Thank you in advance to those who submit applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.