Brand Strategist and Account Executive
Reporting to the Director of Accounts, the Brand Strategist and Account Executive is the hustler that connects clients to reporters and publications in order to drive increased revenue, brand awareness, reputation and overall media exposure for the organization. Working closely with clients, they align company goals with brand strategy and oversee the representation of the organizational image to the client’s customers, shareholders and community. They are responsible for promoting and protecting the clients’ reputation by developing and executing strategies and plans for brand building, innovation, and promotion of corporate communications and corporate affairs initiatives.
What you will be doing
Media Strategy Creation:
- Participate in discovery meeting with Chief Communication Strategist
- Write the media strategy for the client including crating the agenda and executive team engagement
- Develop an online communications strategy and collaborate with Media and Marketing teams to develop content
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to create social media content in line with media strategy
- Collaborate with marketing and subject matter experts in a timely manner to determine appropriate media responses
- Create media strategies for news releases, blog, articles and media reports
Media Strategy Implementation:
- Work closely with client to manage requests and timelines to coordinate deliverables and execution
- Manage crisis communication execution in coordination with the Chief Communication Strategist
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories to media as appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for brand and corporate issues
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Source and manage speaking opportunities, awards and sponsorships
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, and multimedia programs; devising and coordination photo opportunities
- Effectively “sell” press releases to media, communicates benefits to media outlet of accepting press releases
- Liaise with key spokespeople and answer enquiries from media, individuals, and other organizations often via telephone and email.
- Monitors publicity and conducts research to find out concerns and expectations of client stakeholders in order to create the media strategy
- Identify audience and appropriate formats for media and medium selections and understand how those selection will affect the target audience
- Administers preparation and dissemination of press releases and articles and coordinates media events
- Directs the writing, editing and publishing of organizational publications
- Creates content that is consistent and appropriately reflects client brand and standards
- Develop or direct the creation of written materials including press releases, Q& A, media standby statements, fact sheets, pitch letters, articles, case studies, newsletters and other collateral on brand and corporate issues as required
Metrics & Analytics:
- Track and analyze media coverage
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implemented client strategy on a monthly basis and course correct to ensure strategy objectives are met.
- Provide monthly reporting to the leadership team that analyzes each client’s statistics and provides recommendations
- Set KPIs and measurements for each client on a monthly basis.
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication or another related field
- 2+ years of experience in media or journalism industry
- Software skills: ASANA, Agility PR, Indesign Publisher
Skills for success
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, policies, education, community relations, demonstration, organization structure, social service and government relations as they relate to our clients.
- Extensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building and brand management with a passion for brand journalism
- Well-versed in journalistic writing techniques, media forms and format requirements
- Ability to use demographic and psychographic data to target communication pieces
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Superb writing, content development and editing skills, that is of high quality and result driven
- Exceptional project management skills including organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- Passion for communication and engagement
- Able to elicit cooperation from others as well as build and maintain relationships with key media outlets, including trade publications, magazine and other pertinent business partners
Why Durrell Communications?
As a full-service public relations agency, we work with our clients to promote their brand in print and online.
Durrell Communications gives you the opportunity to grow your career alongside our talented team of communication specialists, media strategists, marketing strategists and public relations professionals developing global media campaigns and arranging memorable events.
Refine your craft alongside the best in the industry and within an engaging and community-focused workplace.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 2nd at 11:59pm.