Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you fiercely creative and know how to get people talking? Are you driven to craft solutions and tell stories in unique and out-of-the-box ways?
At Durrell Communications we pursue excellence in being the voice of our clients, and we are looking for our newest creative team member! If you are a collaborative and meticulous individual with a passion for execution who is driven to optimize our clients’ position in print and online, then we encourage you to apply!
How you will make a difference
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Communications, the Marketing Strategist drives online strategy, including the management, creation and distribution of content. They manage the digital voice of the client by creating content that increases a client’s sales, revenue, brand awareness and reputation. They set and measure the strategic goals and performance metrics for each client.
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement both short- and long-term online marketing strategies that intertwine various techniques which will consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
- Execute the digital strategy including social media, SEO, SEM, mobile marketing, email-marketing, online banners, digital content, online marketing campaigns, Facebook Ads, Google Ads and target audience initiatives.
- Use customer behaviour, insights and prior campaign results to develop new marketing strategies, assist clients in determining who their target marketing group, and implement the best strategies for targeting this group.
- Develop pay-per-click marketing strategies for clients, specifically using Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads (search and display) and other platforms.
- Create and update content calendars for each client that addresses their individual goals and objectives.
- Write the digital strategy for media packages in collaboration with the Media Strategist.
- Create content in collaboration with Coordinators and Content Assistants that is consistent and appropriately reflects client brand and standards and ensures that content is optimized for third-party search engines and tools.
- Create and execute a social media engagement strategy in collaboration with other client team members, and actively engage with the online audience.
- Procure or create jpegs, pdfs, videos, art, graphs, charts, thumbnail images and other design elements for social media content.
Metrics & Analytics:
- Set KPIs and monitor the effectiveness of each implemented client strategy on a monthly basis and course correct to ensure strategy objectives are met.
- Provide monthly reporting to the leadership team that analyzes each client’s statistics and provides recommendations.
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication or another related field
- Integrated marketing technology certificate
- 1+ experience in social media management or digital marketing role
- Software Skills: ASANA, Agility PR, Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Publisher, Sprout Social, WordPress, Hubspot, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Facebook Business Suite, Instagram Reels, Mailchimp or other email marketing platforms
Skills for success
- A passion for digital marketing and social advertising with a drive to discover what’s trending.
- Exceptional project management skills including organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced environment and see a project through to completion.
- Experience managing paid campaigns through Facebook Ads Manager.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Adwords Editor and Adwords scripts as well as using/implementing Google Tag Manager.
- Develops content for newsletters, e-blasts or e-promotional emails, managing subscriber lists, formatting and distribution
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practises.
- Advanced verbal and written English language skills.
Why Durrell Communications?
As a full-service public relations agency, we work with our clients to promote their brand in print and online.
Durrell Communications gives you the opportunity to grow your career alongside our talented team of communication specialists, media strategists, marketing strategists and public relations professionals developing global media campaigns and arranging memorable events.
Refine your craft alongside the best in the industry and within an engaging and community-focused workplace.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 26th at 11:59pm.