PR & Marketing Coordinator
Are you fiercely creative and know how to get people talking? Are you driven to craft solutions and tell stories in unique and out-of-the-box ways?
At Durrell Communications we pursue excellence in being the voice of our clients, and we are looking for our newest creative team member! If you are a collaborative and meticulous individual with a passion for execution who is driven to optimize our clients’ position in print and online, then we encourage you to apply!
How you will make a difference
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Communications, the PR & Marketing Coordinator drives public relations and marketing strategy for our clients including the management, creation and distribution of content while connecting our clients to reporters and publications in order to drive increased revenue, brand awareness, reputation and overall media exposure for the organization. They manage the digital voice and promote and protect the client’s reputation by developing and executing strategies and plans for brand building, innovation, and promotion of corporate communications and corporate affairs initiatives. They set and measure the strategic goals and performance metrics for each client by creating content that gets attention and engages audiences.
What you will be doing
Public Relations and Media Strategy:
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and corporate stories to media as appropriate.
- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for brand and corporate issues
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Source and manage speaking opportunities, awards and sponsorships
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, and multimedia programs; devising and coordination photo opportunities
- Effectively “sell” press releases to media, communicates benefits to media outlet of accepting press releases
- Liaise with key spokespeople and answer enquiries from media, individuals, and other organizations often via telephone and email.
- Develop and implement both short- and long-term online marketing strategies that intertwine various techniques which will consistently meet or exceed planned objectives
- Execute the digital strategy including social media, SEO, SEM, mobile marketing, online banners, digital content, online marketing campaigns, Google Ads and target audience initiatives.
- Use customer behaviour, insights and prior campaign results to develop new marketing strategies, assist clients in determining who their target marketing group, and implement the best strategies for targeting this group.
- Develop pay-per-click marketing strategies for clients, specifically using Google Ads (search and display) and other platforms.
- Create and update content calendars for each client that addresses their individual goals and objectives.
- Write the digital strategy for media packages in collaboration with the Media Strategist.
- Monitors publicity and conducts research to find out concerns and expectations of client stakeholders in order to create the media strategy
- Identify audience and appropriate formats for media and medium selections and understand how those selection will affect the target audience
- Administers preparation and dissemination of press releases and articles and coordinates media events
- Directs the writing, editing and publishing of organizational publications
- Creates content that is consistent and appropriately reflects client brand and standards, including public relations, social media, digital marketing, and design elements.
- Create and execute a social media engagement strategy in collaboration with Content Assistant, and actively engage with the online audience.
- Develop the creation of written materials including press releases, Q& A, media standby statements, fact sheets, pitch letters, articles, case studies, newsletters and other collateral on brand and corporate issues as required.
Metrics & Analytics:
- Track and analyze media coverage
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implemented client strategy on a monthly basis and course correct to ensure strategy objectives are met.
- Set KPIs and monitor the effectiveness of each implemented client strategy on a monthly basis and course correct to ensure strategy objectives are met.
- Provide monthly reporting to the leadership team that analyzes each client’s statistics and provides recommendations
What we require
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communication or another related field
- Integrated marketing technology certificate
- 1+ experience in public relations, social media management or digital marketing role
- Software Skills: ASANA, Agility PR, Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Publisher, Sprout Social, WordPress, Hubspot, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager
Skills for success
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, digital marketing and social media, policies, education, community relations, demonstration, organization structure, social service and government relations as they relate to our clients.
- Exceptional project management skills including organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced environment and see a project through to completion.
- Ability to use demographic and psychographic data to target communication pieces
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups.
- Superb writing, content development and editing skills, that is of high quality and result driven.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practises.
- Advanced verbal and written English language skills.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 27th at 11:59pm.